Brian O. Mealy
For Town Council
Brian Mealy is both humbled and excited to be nominated as a Democratic candidate for Southold Town Board. Mealy was twice elected to Mattituck Cutchogue school board and currently serves as a member of the ESBOCES board, the Suffolk County Sheriff Department Citizen’s Advisory, the Southold Rotary and the Southold Justice Review & Reform Task Force. A lifelong resident of Southold Town, Brian was also honored with the 2018 Helen Wright Prince award. A proud staff member at the Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport, Brian was featured on CBS 2 News The Dig for his library work. Brian’s civic experience and local advocacy make him an ideal candidate for office.
As Councilman, Brian will:
- Use fact-based decision making, informed by community stakeholder feedback, to make good choices for the future of Southold.
- Continue my advocacy as an elected official to ensure that Southolders receive our fair share of funding resources from the County, State, and Federal sources.
- Listen to and work with our local business community to assist with their needs post-pandemic and going forward.
- Maintain and continue to build on the town’s relationship with our young people and ensure their needs, such a mental health support, are being met.
- Uphold my fiduciary responsibility to the tax-payers of Southold town implementing responsible budget oversight, using my years of experience a school board member with the Mattituck-Cutchogue School District and ESBOCES Boards.